The purpose of this document is to establish rules governing the West Virginia Lottery’s Second Chance promotion and subsequent drawings featuring the Jeep® brand. These rules supersede any other information, including printed informational brochures, How-To-Play brochures, web site information, radio, television, newspaper, or any other means of communications in regards to this promotion and associated drawings.
The Director of the West Virginia Lottery reserves the right to change or supersede any outlined rules to handle unforeseen circumstances.
Draw procedures associated with this drawing will be implemented at a later date. This promotion is void where prohibited by law.
Play the West Virginia Lottery’s $3 Jeep® scratch off ticket for your chance to win cash prizes up to $30,000 instantly on the ticket or win an entry into one of three (3) drawings for the chance to win a 2017 Jeep® vehicle. No cash equivalent shall be awarded in place of Vehicle Prizes.
SECOND CHANCE PRIZES AND DRAW DATES
There shall be a total of three (3) drawings. Each drawing shall award one (1) Jeep® Vehicle Prize winner, one (1) $5,000 winner and five (5) $1,000 winners. Vehicles to be awarded include one (1) 2017 Jeep® Renegade Latitude 4x4, one (1) 2017 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4x4, and one 2017 Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT 4x4. Players who receive an ENTRY ticket must register their ticket online using the link located at www.wvlottery.com by the entry deadline for each drawing. Entries that are submitted and not selected will be carried over to any subsequent drawings; however, each entrant may win only one (1) second chance prize per drawing and only one (1) Jeep® Vehicle Prize for the entire promotional event.
Sales of Game #918 Jeep® and acceptance of entries for the Second Chance Promotion shall begin on March 30, 2017. The relevant dates and associated prizes to be awarded are as follows:
Entry Deadline Draw Date Winners Selected & Prizes 5/29/2017
May 30, 2017 One (1) 2017 Jeep® Renegade Latitude 4x4
1 - $5,000
5 - $1,000
August 1, 2017 One (1) 2017 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4x4
1 - $5,000
5 - $1,000
September 26, 2017 One (1) 2017 Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT 4x4
1 - $5,000
5 - $1,000
HOW TO ENTER
To enter the West Virginia Lottery Second Chance Promotion, go to wvlottery.com and click on the West Virginia Lottery Second Chance Promotion banner featuring the Jeep® brand. A player must complete the free, one-time registration and complete the entry form including the required ticket number from any valid ENTRY-winning West Virginia Lottery $3 Jeep® Scratch-off ticket (#918) to enter. The West Virginia Lottery does not sell or use your information for any purpose other than as a convenience for your entry, as contact information should you win, and for informational emails.
Entries for each of the three (3) drawings must be received prior to 11:59:59 p.m. EST on the date of that drawing’s Entry Deadline. Entries are not valid for any other promotional offers. Entries may be carried over to subsequent drawings; however, each entrant may win only one (1) West Virginia Lottery Jeep® Second Chance prize per drawing and only one (1) West Virginia Lottery Jeep® Vehicle Prize for the entire promotion.
Only valid internet entries will be accepted. Hand delivered, courier, or mail entries will be disqualified.
- Entries are captured online (http://www.wvlottery.com) and will be maintained by the West Virginia Lottery along with its designated agent Scientific Games International, Inc. (SG), which will conduct the second chance drawings.
- Players must successfully submit the valid ENTRY-winning #918 West Virginia Lottery Jeep® ticket’s game, book, ticket, and validation numbers.
- Player information necessary for fulfillment (entrant’s name, complete address, daytime phone number and e-mail address) shall be captured from the West Virginia Lottery Second Chance website. The West Virginia Lottery and its designee are not responsible for player information that is outdated or erroneous or when a player is unreachable after being selected as a winner. It is the responsibility of the player to maintain up-to-date and accurate email, name, address, and daytime phone number when entering their information. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification.
- At the time of submission, the entry shall be verified against a valid ticket file. Once a ticket is registered, it cannot be registered again. Once a ticket is successfully entered the player shall receive an on screen “entry accepted” prompt.
- The captured entries shall be stored in a secured electronic file until the entry deadline. 6.Once the valid entry period expires, the file will be prepared for the random selection process.
- Once the valid entry period expires, the file will be prepared for the random selection process.
- SG shall provide the West Virginia Lottery with the development of a promotional website designed to facilitate acceptance of entries.
- SG shall provide second chance drawing services for the West Virginia Lottery. The drawing(s) shall be conducted in strict accordance with West Virginia Lottery procedures, promotion rules and regulations as provided to SG.
- An independent auditor shall be present to verify that drawing procedures were followed.
- Using a secure draw system with a random number generator (RNG), the drawing manager shall establish a file comprised of the unique/non-duplicated entry numbers from the electronic entries.
There shall be three (3) drawings conducted:
- Using a certified Secure Draw System with RNG, the Drawing Manager shall be responsible for uploading the file of internet entries into the draw system and entering the criteria for the drawing.
- The Drawing Manager shall initiate the selection process by selecting “conduct draw.”
- An output document identifies the winners and alternates and provides for the disqualification of duplicate or ineligible entries.. The output document shall be sent to the West Virginia Lottery via Secure FTP site and shall be given to the Drawing Manager onsite.
- The entries shall be evaluated by the West Virginia Lottery Drawing Manger to determine that the entrants meet the qualification/validation criteria and general rules.
- Using the Secure Draw System, seven (7) entries for each drawing shall be selected as prize winners for that drawing.
- An additional fifteen (15) ‘alternate’ entries shall be randomly drawn from the remaining entries to reserve in the event that the entries do not meet the required criteria to qualify as a ‘winner’.
- Limit one (1) prize per person, per drawing. Limit one (1) prize per entry for the entire promotion. Any entry selected with a duplicate name subsequent to that person’s first entry shall be disqualified for that drawing, but may be selected in subsequent drawings within the promotion. Limit one (1) Vehicle Prize per person for the entire promotion.
- Entries not deemed a ‘winner’ and alternate entries not used within a drawing shall be returned to the drawing pool for subsequent drawings within the promotion.
- Drawings shall take place at SG, located at 1500 Bluegrass Lakes Parkway, Alpharetta, Georgia 30004.
- The West Virginia Lottery reserves the right to change or alter these rules at any time due to unforeseen circumstances.
The listing of selected winners and alternates shall be securely sent to the West Virginia Lottery immediately after verification of drawing processes. The list of all winners and alternates shall include winner’s name, address, daytime phone number and validation number.
The West Virginia Lottery shall then verify that the selected winners are valid. If a winner’s submission is deemed invalid for any reason, then the next subsequent alternate shall be used. The West Virginia Lottery shall then notify all winners by telephone to provide information on claiming their prize. Winners must respond to the initial West Virginia Lottery phone contact within forty-eight (48) hours following their particular draw date or the winner shall forfeit the prize and the prize shall be awarded to an alternate.
Should an alternate be selected, the West Virginia Lottery shall make contact by telephone and that alternate shall have forty-eight (48) hours to respond. Should an alternate be disqualified or does not respond within the forty-eight (48) hour period, the process shall be repeated until the prize is awarded.
Cash prizes to be awarded in the second chance drawings shall be provided by the West Virginia Lottery, funded by the West Virginia Lottery’s unclaimed prize fund and fulfilled by the West Virginia Lottery upon winner claim.
From the time that the West Virginia Lottery validates the winner of a Vehicle Prize, SG shall contact the winner within ten (10) business days to begin making delivery arrangements therefor. SG shall first make efforts to order the vehicle from a licensed West Virginia dealer and arrange for delivery to the authorized dealer within one hundred twenty (120) business days based on availability of the model.
The Vehicle Prizes include the vehicle, dealer preparation charges, sales tax and delivery to an authorized dealer closest to the vehicle prize winner’s residence and associated fees. The applicable Federal and State withholding taxes shall be paid by SG. In addition, SG will issue the proper IRS Form W-2G to the vehicle prize winners and provide a copy to the LOTTERY.
Vehicle Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
Vehicle Prizes will be 2017 production year models at the time of claim. In the event that such vehicles or production year models are unavailable, SG may substitute a prize of equal or better quality upon the written approval of the LOTTERY.
Upon a vehicle prize winner being validated by the LOTTERY, title to such prize shall immediately pass to the prize winner.
In the event that a vehicle prize is not claimed or taken by a winner, the LOTTERY may assign the vehicle prize to an alternate winner under the same terms and conditions as specified herein provided that prize is still available and time requirements have not lapsed.
Any unused or remaining funds will be issued to a vehicle prize winner within thirty (30) business days of the receipt of the winner’s vehicle.
Each winner, as a condition of eligibility to receive the vehicle prize, must sign a waiver, release and consent that waives and releases SG and the LOTTERY, their agents and retailers and each of their respective officers, directors and employees from any claims, suits, liabilities, actions, damages, loses, costs and expenses incurred in connection with the vehicle prize.
VEHICLE PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS
SG will award on behalf of the LOTTERY three (3) vehicle prizes for the Promotion consisting of:
One (1) 2017 Jeep® Renegade Latitude 4x4 (standard model, 1.4-Liter I4MultiAir® Turbo Engine, 6- speed manual transmission, see Appendix A for complete vehicle description) with an estimated all-inclusive price of $43,386.46;
One (1) 2017 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Soft Top 4x4 (standard model, 3.6L V6 24-valve VVT engine, 6-speed manual transmission, see Appendix A for complete vehicle description) with an estimated all-inclusive price of $65,146.75; and
One (1) 2017 Grand Jeep® Cherokee SRT 4x4 (SRT model, SRT® 6.4-Liter HEMI® V8 Engine, 8-Speed Paddle-Shift Automatic Transmission, see Appendix A for complete vehicle description) with an estimated all-inclusive price of $110,135.80.
All-inclusive includes federal and state withholding taxes, state sales tax, destination charges, licensing fees and dealer’s tax.
Jeep, the Jeep grille and related logos, vehicle model names and trade dress are trademarks of FCA US LLC and used under license by MDI Entertainment, LLC. ©2017 FCA US LLC.
- By submitting an entry, entrant agrees to the rules set forth in this document, West Virginia Lottery Rules, and West Virginia State and Federal Law.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to enter promotion. Must be at least 18 years of age to claim a Vehicle Prize.
- West Virginia Lottery Jeep® (#916) Instant Scratch-off tickets must have been purchased between March 30 and September 25, 2017, and have been sold by a West Virginia Lottery Commission licensed agent (past or present) or by the West Virginia Lottery Commission. Tickets found to be located in a stolen inventory status or not part of a valid sold, activated, or promotional inventory status shall be disqualified.
- Only online entries shall be accepted. Mailed or courier delivered entries shall be disqualified and shall not be returned. Neither the West Virginia Lottery nor its designee shall be held responsible for mailed or courier delivered entries.
- The player is responsible for providing accurate and current contact information during entry. The West Virginia Lottery is not responsible for player information that is outdated, omitted, or when a player is unreachable after being selected a winner. It is the responsibility of the player to provide and maintain up-to-date and accurate, name, address, and valid daytime phone number.
- No player shall be selected for more than one (1) prize per drawing; however, winning a prize in one drawing shall not disqualify an individual from having another entry win a prize in a subsequent drawing or drawings, except that a player may only win one (1) Vehicle Prize for the duration of the promotion. This rule shall in no way prohibit multiple entries, but shall ensure that there shall be unique winners and alternates in each drawing. Any entry not selected in a drawing shall then move forward to be included in the next drawing(s).
- The Vehicle Prize winnings are treated as West Virginia Lottery game winnings. Winner must be clear of any payments owed to the West Virginia Child Advocacy Office or West Virginia State Tax Department to win merchandise and/or merchandise prize packages. If winner owes West Virginia Child Advocacy Office or West Virginia State Tax Department, the winner shall be disqualified and an alternate shall be used.
- No cash equivalent shall be awarded in place of Vehicle Prizes.
- Notification of disqualification shall not be provided to the player.
- Neither the West Virginia Lottery nor any of its retailers are responsible for entering qualifying tickets on behalf of a player.
- The West Virginia Lottery and its designated agent(s) are not responsible for failure of an electronic device, communication or any technical aspect of the entry process that may fail due to human error by the entrant or malfunction of a mobile device or computer.
- Draw results shall be posted via the web at wvlottery.com at 4 PM the day of each drawing. Please remember that the Lottery will never contact you and ask for money to fulfill a prize. If you are unsure of any emails or phone calls, please call the West Virginia Lottery at 800-WVA-CASH for verification of any call you might suspect.